||Lane Strathearn, M.B.B.S.
Lane Strathearn, M.B.B.S.
Meyer Center for Developmental Pediatrics
6621 Fannin, MC: CC1530
Houston, Texas 77030-2399
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics, Section of Developmental Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Research Fellow, Human Neuroimaging Laboratory, Baylor College of MedicineEducation:
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia - M.B.B.S.
Mater Children's Hospital, Brisbane, Australia - Pediatric Residency
Mater Children's Hospital, Brisbane, Australia - Fellowship, Child Protection and Neurodevelopment
Baylor College of Medicine - Fellowship Developmental Pediatrics
Current Positions in Professional Organizations:
- Member - Society for Neuroscience
- Member - International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Member - Organization of Human Brain Mapping
- Member - World Association for Infant Mental Health
- Neurobiology of mother-infant attachment, using functional MRI and other neuroendocrine measures
- Neurodevelopmental disabilities, such as autism
- Long-term effects of child maltreatment on cognitive and emotional development
Current Research & Funding:
- Principal Investigator: National Institutes of Health sponsored grant, "A functional MRI study of mother-infant attachment"
- Co-investigator: early predictors of autism, using eye-tracking technology