Ricardo A. Quinonez, M.D.
Other PositionDivision Chief - Pediatric Hospital Medicine - Children's Hospital of San Antonio
Clinical Service Area
- Pediatrics - Hospital Medicine
- Anesthesia - Deep Sedation
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Infectious diseases
- Overuse of medical therapies and tests
- Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Molecular Virology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texass
Professional Organization Positions
- Executive Committee Chair - Section of Hospital Medicine AAP
- Fellow - American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow - Society of Hospital Medicine
- Member - Society for Pediatric Sedation
- Member - Evidence Based Medicine Sub-Committee, Texas Children's Hospital
- Member - Section of Hospital Medicine, AAP
Academic and Clinical Office
333 North Santa Rosa Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
- Ralston S, Garber M, Narang S, Shen M, Pate B, Pope J, Lossius M, Croland T,Bennett J, Jewell J, Krugman S, Robbins E, Nazif J, Liewehr S, Miller A, Marks M,Pappas R, Pardue J, Quinonez R, Fine BR, Ryan M. Decreasing unnecessary utilization in acute bronchiolitis care: Results from the value in inpatient pediatrics network. J Hosp Med. 2012 Oct 9.
- Christopher G. Maloney and Suzanne Swanson Mendez, Ricardo A. Quinonez, Ryan S. Bode, Chad K. Brands, Steven Eagle, Snezana Nena Osorio, Daniel Rauch, Tamara D. Simon. The Strategic Planning Committee Report: The first step in a journey to recognize Pediatric Hospital Medicine as a distinct discipline. Hospital Pediatrics. Vol. 2 Issue 4, Sept. 2012, pp. 187-90. DOI:10.1542/ hpeds.2012-0048.
- Altobelli, M, Quinonez, RA, When should DVT be suspected in children with osteomyelitis? Hospital Pediatrics, July 2012, (2)(3):167-72.
- Wallace, S, Cruz, A, Quinonez, RA, Caviness, A., Risk Factors for Complicated Hospitalization in Well Appearing Young Infants with Pertussis. Hospital Pediatrics. 2011 July, 1(1):16-22.
- Dewan, A, Quinonez, RA. Allopurinol-induced DRESS Syndrome in an Adolescent Patient. Pediatric Dermatology. 2010 May, 27(3):270-3.
- Quinonez, RA, Apparent Life Threatening Event - why doing less is likely best. Hospital Pediatrics. 2009, (2):12-14. Review.
- Quinonez, RA, Community-Acquired Pneumonia-a common problem with no common ground. Hospital Pediatrics. 2008, (2):10-11. Review.
- Quinonez R, Sinha I, Sing IR, Sutton RE, Genetic footprinting of the HIV co-receptor CCR5: delineation of surface expression and viral entry determinants. Virology. 2003 Mar 1; 307(1):98-115.
- Quinonez R, Sutton RE, Lentiviral vectors for gene delivery into cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2002 Dec; 21(12):937-51. Review.