Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine Fellowship: Benefits
- Standard Baylor GME salaries by PGY
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year
- Free medical, dental, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care is included in the medical plan
- Free professional liability insurance
- Parking available at subsidized rates within the Texas Medical Center
The following additional benefits are provided by the Pediatric Section of Hospital Medicine or by Texas Children's Hospital:
Professional meeting: Each fellow is provided the time and opportunity to attend a professional meeting every year. The section may also subsidize trips to more conferences if the fellow has been selected to present research findings at a national meeting.
Free institutional permit or Texas state medical license: The fees for an institutional permit or the Texas state medical license are paid for by the section. Our fellowship coordinators will assist you with the application process for the permit or license.
Fellow retreat: One day retreat held annually in the beginning of July. Orientation lectures and other topics pertaining to the practice of pediatric hospital medicine and surviving fellowship are given by various faculty and fellows.
- Free pager for the duration of the fellowship
- Free lab coats and laundering of lab coats
- Hospital medicine textbooks will also be provided for use
- Established research infrastructure including support staff, computers, and software