Barbara J. Anderson, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Sections of Psychology and Diabetes and Endocrinology
Clinical Service Area
Psychology: Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Graduate School, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Internship, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Professional Organization Positions
- Member - Society for Research in Child Development
- Member - Society of Pediatric Psychology
- Member - American Diabetes Association
- Member - Behavioral Medicine and Psychology Council of American Diabetes Association
- Member - American Psychological Association
Clinical research relating to family and developmental factors impacting psychological and physical health outcomes in youth with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
Developmental and mental health issues facing youth with diabetes and other chronic diseases
Adherence to treatment regimen in chronic childhood diseases
Current Research Funding
- Optimizing Self-Management Adherence and Glycemic Control in Older Teens with T1D. R01: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Treatment Options in Youth with Type 2 Diabetes, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- K-12: Mentoring Behavioral Scientists for Career Development in Pediatric T1D Research.; National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Anderson BJ, Redondo MJ. What can we learn from patient-reported outcomes of insulin pen devices? J Diabetes Science & Technology 2011; 5 (6): 1563-1571
- Anderson BJ, McKay SV. Barriers to glycemic control in youth with type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Pediatric Diabetes 2011; 12: 197-205.
- Anderson BA, Edelstein S, Abramson NW, Katz LEL, Yasuda PM, Lavietes SJ , Trief PM, Tollefsen SE, McKay SV, Kringas P, Casey TL, Marcus MD. For the TODAY Study Group. Depressive symptoms and quality of life in adolescents with type 2 diabetes: Baseline data from the TODAY study. Diabetes Care 2011; 34: 2205-2207.
- Toscos TR, Ponder SW, Anderson BJ, Davidson MB Lee ML, Montemayor-Gonzalez E, Reyes P, Link E, McMahon KL. Integrating an automated diabetes management system into the family management of children with type 1 diabetes: Results from a 12-month randomized controlled technology trial. Diabetes Care 2012; 35: 498-502.
- Anderson, BJ. Behavioral research in pediatric diabetes: Putting the evidence to work for advocacy and education. Pediatric Diabetes 2012; 13: 77-80.
- Anderson, B.J. Who Forgot? The challenges of family responsibility for adherence in vulnerable pediatric populations. Pediatrics 2012; 129: 1324-1325.