Stipends (academic year July 1, 2013 through June 2014)
- PGY 4 - $51,812
- PGY 5 - $54,340
- PGY 6 - $56,101
- PGY 7 - $57,994
- PGY 8 - $59,443
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year
- Free medical, dental, life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care is included in the medical plan
- Free professional liability insurance
- Parking available at subsidized rates within the Texas Medical Center
- Two weeks of paid sick leave per year
- Three days of personal leave per year
- Moonlighting opportunities within the section
The following additional benefits are provided by the Pediatrics or by Texas Children's Hospital:
- Professional meeting: Each fellow is provided the time and opportunity to attend one professional meeting every year. First-year fellows attend the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellow's Conference. In the subsequent years, fellows may attend one national meeting a year (choice of the American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference and Exhibition, Society of Academic Emergency Medicine National Conference or Pediatric Academic Society's annual meeting). Travel expenses, lodging and registration fees are paid for by the section.
- Institutional permit or Texas state medical license: The fees for an institutional permit or the Texas state medical license are paid by the section. Our fellowship coordinators will assist you with the application process for the permit or license.
- Fellow retreat: One-day retreat held annually in the beginning of July. Orientation lectures and other topics pertaining to the practice of pediatric emergency medicine and surviving fellowship are given by various faculty and fellows.
- Other Benefits
Two pairs of personalized scrubs.
Established research infrastructure including support staff, computers, and software.