The Center for Clinical Effectiveness provides the platform for Quality Improvement initiatives between the Baylor College of Medicine Department of Pediatrics and Texas Children’s Hospital Integrated Delivery System.
The center is comprised of Baylor faculty members from a variety of specialties. They possess expertise in health services research and quality improvement sciences and are dedicated to pediatric disease management through collaborative research, evidence based practice, mentorship, education, and project support. The faculty members may serve as advisors and/or mentors for quality improvement projects throughout Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children's Hospital.
The center supports its mission by functioning within critical domains integrally related in a high functioning health care system:
- Health services/quality improvement research
- Data collection & transformation
- Evidence based guideline development & implementation
- Advocacy and policy support
- Education & community outreach
- Patient Safety
- Creation and support of clinical centers of excellence