Thomas A. Vargo, M.D.
Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Associate, Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children's Hospital
Chairman and Training Program Director of the Transitional Year Residency Program
Chief of Cardiology, Pediatric Service, Harris Health System
- M.D., University of California at Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Residency, University Hospitals, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, Texas
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical and Research Interests
Dr. Vargo directs the cardiac program for the Harris Health System and is responsible for that rotation. His research involves clinical health care issues.
- McMahon CJ, Price JF, Salerno JC, El-Said H, Taylor M, Vargo TA, Nihill MR. Cardiac catheterisation in infants weighing less than 2500 grams. Cardiol Young.13:117-122, 2003.
- McMahon CJ, Ayres N, Pignatelli RH, Franklin W, Vargo TA, Bricker JT, El-Said HG. Echocardiographic presentations of endocarditis, and risk factors for rupture of a sinus of Valsalva in childhood. Cardiol Young.13:168-172, 2003.
- Duff DF, Vargo TA, Nihill MR, Rosenberg HS. Congenital Aortic Stenosis and Severe Tetralogy of Fallot. Cardiovasc Dis.3:173-182, 1976.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030