Alexia B. Santos, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital
Pediatric Cardiology, Echocardiography
- M.D., 1994-1998 Francisco Marroquin University, Guatemala, Central America
- M.P.H., 2000-2002 University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago. Ill.
- Residency 1999-2002 University of Illinois at Chicago / General Pediatrics, Chicago, Ill.
- Fellowship 2002-2006 Columbus Children's Hospital Heart Center / Pediatric Cardiology, Columbus, Ohio
- Fellowship 2006-2007 MUSC Children's Hospital Heart Center/ Pediatric Cardiac Imaging, Charleston, S.C.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical and Research Interests
- The use of cardiovascular noninvasive imaging modalities such as echocardiography, with the purpose of making an accurate cardiac diagnosis and developing new therapies
- Fetal echocardiography, 3 dimensional echocardiography, and the evaluation of ventricular function using new techniques such as volumetric and segmental analysis by 3-D echo, tissue Doppler and strain
- The use of 3-D echo as a screening tool to differentiate normal from abnormal fetal cardiac anatomy
- Participate with Heart Care International using research to improve long term care
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030