S. Chandra-Bose Reddy, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Associate, Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children's Hospital
- M.B.B.S., Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
- M.D., Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
- Fellowship/Cardiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Fellowship/Cardiology, GM Pant Hospital, Delhi University, New Delhi, India
- Fellowship/Electrophysiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Residency/Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Fellowship / Pediatric Cardiology, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
American Board of Pediatrics
American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical and Research Interests
Dr. Reddy’s research interests are primarily clinical and focused on grown up children with corrected or palliated congenital heart defects. His past research focused on subjects operated for anomalous left coronary artery and Fontan, and has attempted to study the natural history of cardiac residua, their effects on functional capacity, need for re-operations, late onset medical problems, and survival during their long-term follow-up.
His research attempted to develop profiles and predictive factors for adverse outcome and survival. He will extend these studies to other congenital heart defects to determine their long-term natural history, to attempt develop a few predicative factors for late onset morbidity and mortality, and to enable effective triaging.
Dr. Reddy sees clinical patients at Texas Childrens's Hospital's Cypress and Woodlands Centers.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030