Jack F. Price, M.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Clinical Director, Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, Texas Children's Hospital
Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital
- Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiovascular Intensive Care, Critical Care, Heart Failure/Transplant
- M.D., University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Internship, St. Louis Children's Hospital - Washington University, St. Louis, Mo.
- Residency, Pediatrics, St. Louis Children's Hospital - Washington University, St. Louis, Mo.
- Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Attending physician for the cardiac critical care services and acts as consultant or primary attending physician for children with critical heart disease in the cardiovascular, neonatal and pediatric intensive care units at Texas Children's Hospital
- Member of the pediatric heart failure and cardiac transplantation service and cares for patients in the general pediatric cardiology outpatient clinic
- Clinical pediatric heart failure
- International Society of Heart & Lung Transplantation
- Heart Failure Society of America
- Society of Pediatric Research
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Maskatia, SA, Decker JA, Spinner JA, Kim JJ, Price JF, Jefferies JL, Dreyer WJ, Smith OE, Rossano JW, Denfield, SW. Restrictive physiology is associated with poor outcomes in children with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Pediatr Cardiol.33(1):141-149, 2012; Epub ahead of print, Sept, 2011.
- Macicek SM, Macias C, Jefferies JL, Kim JJ, Price JF. Acute heart failure syndromes in the pediatric emergency department: Clinical presentation, triage and initial management. Pediatrics.124:e898-e904, 2009.
- Price J, Goldstein S. Cardiorenal syndrome in children with heart failure. Current Heart Failure Reports 2009;6:191-198.
- Price JF, Thomas AK, Eidem BW, Smith EO, Denfield SW, Towbin JA, Dreyer WJ. B-Type natriuretic peptide predicts adverse cardiovascular events in pediatric outpatients with chronic left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Circulation.114:1063-1069, 2006.
- Price JF, Mott AR, Dickerson HA, Nelson DP, Chang AC, EO Smith, Denfield SW, Towbin JA, Dreyer WJ, Goldstein SL. Worsening renal function in children hospitalized with decompensated heart failure: Evidence for a pediatric cardiorenal syndrome? Pediatr Crit Care Med.9:279-284, 2008.
- Price JF, Towbin JA, Denfield SW, Clunie S, Smith EO, McMahon CJ, Radovancevic B, Dreyer WJ. Arginine vasopressin levels are elevated and correlate with functional status in infants and children with congestive heart failure. Circulation. 109:2550-2553, 2004.
Texas Children's Hospital - West Tower
6621 Fannin St., 20th Floor
Houston, TX 77030