Ricardo H. Pignatelli, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
- M.D., Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
- Residency, Hospital Privado Cordoba Argentina
- Fellowship, Ospedale Riuniti Bergamo Italy
- Pediatrics, Argentina
Clinical and Research Interests
- Cardiac imaging. In the field of echocardiography
- Assessment of ventricular function, cardiomyopathy and echo-clinical correlation and Doppler tissue evaluation in pediatric patients
- Magnetic resonance imaging as a technique for evaluating cardiac function in Duchenne's muscular dystrophy
- The use of contrast imaging for ultrasound-targeted microbubble destruction
- McMahon CJ, Chang AC, Pignatelli RH, Miller-Hance WC, Eble BK, Towbin JA, Denfield SW. Left Ventricular Noncompaction Cardiomyopathy in Association with Trisomy 13. Pediatr Cardiol. 2004.
- McMahon CJ, Nagueh SF, Eapen RS, Dreyer WJ, Finkelshtyn I, Cao X, Eidem BW, Bezold LI, Denfield SW, Towbin JA, Pignatelli RH. Echocardiographic predictors of adverse clinical events in children with dilated cardiomyopathy: a prospective clinical study. Heart. 90:908-915, 2004.
- McMahon CJ, Nagueh SF, Pignatelli RH, Denfield SW, Dreyer WJ, Price JF, Clunie S, Bezold LI, Hays AL, Towbin JA, Eidem BW. Characterization of left ventricular diastolic function by tissue Doppler imaging and clinical status in children with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Circulation.109:1756-1762, 2004.
- McBride KL, Fernbach S, Menesses A, Molinari L, Quay E, Pignatelli R, Towbin JA, Belmont JW. A family-based association study of congenital left-sided heart malformations and 5,10 methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. Birth Defects Res Part A Clin Mol Teratol. 70:825-830, 2004.
- Lavigne JE, Shearer WT, Thompson B, Orav EJ, Starc TJ, Colan SD, Pignatelli R, O'Brien SE, Bezold L, LaRusa P, Easley KA, Cheng I, Duffy SA, Lipshultz SE. Cardiovascular outcomes of pediatric seroreverters perinatally exposed to HAART: design of a longitudinal clinical study. Cardiovasc Toxicol.4:187-197, 2004.
- McMahon CJ, Ravekes WJ, O'Brian Smith E, Denfield SW, Pignatelli RH, Altman CA, Ayres NA. Risk Factors for Neo-Aortic Root Enlargement and Aortic Regurgitation Following Arterial Switch Operation. Pediatr Cardiol. 2004.
- Lewin MB, McBride KL, Pignatelli R, Fernbach S, Combes A, Menesses A, Lam W, Bezold LI, Kaplan N, Towbin JA, Belmont JW. Echocardiographic evaluation of asymptomatic parental and sibling cardiovascular anomalies associated with congenital left ventricular outflow tract lesions. Pediatrics.114:691-696, 2004.
- Eidem BW, McMahon CJ, Cohen RR, Wu J, Finkelshteyn I, Kovalchin JP, Ayres NA, Bezold LI, O'Brian Smith E, Pignatelli RH. Impact of cardiac growth on Doppler tissue imaging velocities: a study in healthy children. J Am Soc Echocardiogr.17:212-221, 2004.
- Pignatelli RH, McMahon CJ, Dreyer WJ, Denfield SW, Price J, Belmont JW, Craigen WJ, Wu J, El Said H, Bezold LI, Clunie S, Fernbach S, Bowles NE, Towbin JA. Clinical characterization of left ventricular noncompaction in children: a relatively common form of cardiomyopathy. Circulation.108:2672-2678, 2003.
- Pignatelli RH, McMahon CJ, Chung T, Vick GW, 3rd. Role of echocardiography versus MRI for the diagnosis of congenital heart disease. Curr Opin Cardiol.18:357-365, 2003.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030