Michael R. Nihill, M.D.
Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Associate, Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children's Hospital
- M.B., 1960 University Medical School, Sydney, Australia
- Residency 1963-1964 Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, Sydney, Australia
- Residency 1966-1968 Westminster Children's Hospital, London, England
- Fellowship 1968-1971 Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical and Research Interests
Dr. Nihill is an interventional cardiac catheterization specialist and one of the cardiac intensive care team members. He developed and reorganized the entire clinical database for the section of Pediatric Cardiology. Dr. Nihill is involved in the development of a customized, computerized database for medical records for the cardiology clinic. His special research interests include the evaluation and management of pulmonary hypertension and the evaluation of ventricular function.
- Mock AL, Fraser CD, Jr., Dreyer WJ, Nihill MR, Bedford SL, Mott AR. Severe coronary sinus dilatation after a modification of the classic Fontan operation: successful resolution with a revision Fontan operation. Pediatr Cardiol. 2003;24:513-5.
- Mock AL, Fraser CD, Dreyer WJ, Nihill MR, Bedford SL, Mott AR. Severe Coronary Sinus Dilatation after a Modification of the Classic Fontan Operation. Pediatr Cardiol. 2003.
- McMahon CJ, Price JF, Salerno JC, El-Said H, Taylor M, Vargo TA, Nihill MR. Cardiac catheterisation in infants weighing less than 2500 grams. Cardiol Young. 2003;13:117-22.
- An Angiographic Atlas of Congenital Cardiovascular Anomalies. Elmsford, NY: Futura/Blackwell; 2003.
- Rutledge JM, Mullins CE, Nihill MR, Grifka RG, Vincent JA. Initial experience with intratherapeutics Intrastent Doublestrut LD stents in patients with congenital heart defects. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2002;56:541-8.
- Rutledge JM, Nihill MR, Fraser CD, Smith OE, McMahon CJ, Bezold LI. Outcome of 121 patients with congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries. Pediatr Cardiol. 2002;23:137-45.
- McMahon CJ, Vick GW, Nihill MR. Contiguous but non-fused ventricles in conjoined thoracopagus twins. Cardiol Young. 2002;12:284-5.
- McMahon CJ, Nihill MR, Reber A. The bronchial cast syndrome after the fontan procedure: further evidence of its etiology. Cardiol Young. 2001;11:345-51.
- McMahon CJ, Nihill MR, Kovalchin JP, Mullins CE, Grifka RG. Coronary artery fistula. Management and intermediate-term outcome after transcatheter coil occlusion. Tex Heart Inst J. 2001;28:21-5.
- McMahon CJ, Thompson KS, Kearney DL, Nihill MR. Subclavian steal syndrome in anomalous connection of the left subclavian artery to the pulmonary artery in d-transposition of the great arteries. Pediatr Cardiol. 2001;22:60-2.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030