Jeffrey J. Kim, M.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Director, Electrophysiology & Pacing, Texas Children's Hospital
Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital
- M.D., 1999 University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- Residency, 1999-2002 University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- Fellowship, 2002-2005 Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, Texas
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Management of arrhythmias, pacing, & heart failure
- Interventional electrophysiology
- Genetic arrhythmias & sudden death
- Analysis of clinical outcomes in arrhythmias, pacing, & cardiomyopathy
- Ablation techniques in the management of pediatric arrhythmias
- Molecular & genetic basis of arrhythmias and sudden death
- American Academy of Pediatrics (1999-present)
- American College of Cardiology (2002-present)
- Heart Failure Society of America (2007-present)
- Heart Rhythm Society (2006-present)
- Pediatric and Congenital Electrophysiology Society (2008-present)
Kim JJ, Eidem B, Fenrich AL, Cannon BC, Arora G, Friedman RA, Kertesz NJ. Left Ventricular Dysfunction if a Rare Finding in Long Term Pacing for Congenital Complete Atrioventricular Block. J Cardiovasc Electrophys. 18(4):373-377, Apr, 2007.
- Wu G, Ai T, Kim JJ, Mohapatra B, Xi Y, Lu Z, Abbasi S, Purevjav E, Samani K, Ackerman MJ, Moss AF, Towbin JA, Cheng J, Vatta M. A Novel Alpha-1-Syntrophin Mutation May Cause Long QT Syndrome. Circulation: Arrhythm Electrophys. 1(3):193-201, August, 2008.
- Shah AM, Jefferies JL, Rossano JW, Decker JA, Kim JJ. Electrocardiographic Abnormalities and Arrhythmias are Strongly Associated with the Development of Cardiomyopathy in Muscular Dystrophy. Heart Rhythm. 7(10):1484-1488, October 2010; Epub June 18, 2010.
- Thomas PE, Decker JA, Cannon BC, Kertesz NJ, Friedman RA, Kim JJ. Impact of American Heart Association Scientific Statement on Screening Electrocardiograms and Stimulant Medications. Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. 165(2):166-70. February 2011.
- Lopez KN, Decker JA, Friedman RA, Kim JJ. Homozygous Mutation in SCN5A Associated with Atrial Quiescence, Recalcitrant Arrhythmias, and Poor Capture Thresholds. Heart Rhythm. 8(3):471-473, March 2011.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin, MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030