Henri Justino, M.D., C.M.
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories, Texas Children's Hospital
Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital
- M.D., C.M., McGill University, Toronto, Canada
- Residency, Montreal Children's Hospital, McGill University, Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto , Toronto, Canada
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada
Clinical and Research Interests
- Complex cardiac interventional catheterization
- Broad range of procedures including valvuloplasty, angioplasty, stent implantation, and occlusion of vascular anomalies
- Developing innovative procedures such as percutaneous device closure of muscular and perimembranous ventricular septal defects
- Co-investigator in a pan-Canadian trial studying a novel device for closure of perimembranous ventricular septal defects
- Involved in the design of novel intracardiac devices for use in children and adults with congenital heart disease
- Studying ways to eliminate the need for open-heart surgeries to repair certain heart defects
- Research interests include the invasive assessment of ventricular performance, specifically utilizing conductance catheter techniques to accurately measure cardiac function in congenital heart disease
- Pedra CA, Justino H, Nykanen DG, VanArsdell G, Coles JG, Williams WG, Freedom RM, Benson LN. Percutaneous stent implantation to stenotic bioprosthetic valves in the pulmonary position. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg.2002; 124:82-87.
- Justino H, Benson LN, Nykanen DG. Transcatheter creation of an atrial septal defect using radiofrequency perforation. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv.2001; 54:83-87.
- Justino H, Benson LN, Freedom RM. Development of unilateral pulmonary arteriovenous malformations due to unequal distribution of hepatic venous flow. Circulation.2001; 103:E39-E40.
- Justino H, Justo RN, Ovaert C, Magee A, Lee KJ, Hashmi A, Nykanen DG, McCrindle BW, Freedom RM, Benson LN. Comparison of two transcatheter closure methods of persistently patent arterial duct. Am J Cardiol. 2001; 87:76-81.
- Russell J, Justino H, Dipchand A, Yoo SJ, Kim YM, Freedom RM. Noninvasive imaging in congenital heart disease. Curr Opin Cardiol. 2000; 15:224-237.
- Freedom RM, Hamilton R, Yoo SJ, Mikailian H, Benson L, McCrindle B, Justino H, Williams WG. The Fontan procedure: Analysis of cohorts and late complications. Cardiol Young.2000; 10:307-331.
Texas Children's Hospital
West Tower - 20th Floor
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030