Antonio R. Mott, M.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Medical Director, Clinical Inpatient Services, Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children's Hospital
Director, Quality Improvement & Patient Services, Texas Children's Hospital
Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital
- Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- M.D., Medical College of of Georgia, Augusta, Ga.
- Residency, Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, Texas
- Fellowship, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Penn.
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Clinical & Research Interests
- Member Texas Children's Heart Center Inpatient Cardiology Service
- Primary clinical goal is providing optimal care to patients with congenital heart disease & acquired heart disease
- Interest in trainee education and quality improvement to achieve patient safety
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
- Lowry AW, Morales DL, Graves DE, Knudson JD, Shamszad P, Mott AR, Cabrera AG, Rossano JW. Characterization of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for pediatric cardiac arrest in the United States: analysis of the kids' inpatient database. Pediatr Cardiol 34(6):1422-1430, 2013. Epub 2013 Mar 16.
- Rossano JW, Jefferson LS, Smith EO, Ward MA, Mott AR. Automated external defibrillators and simulated in-hospital cardiac arrests. J Pediatr 154(5):672-676, 2009.
- Rossano JW, Smith EO, Price JF, Dickerson HA, Nelson DP, Fraser CD, McKenzie ED, Mott AR. Glycemic profile in infants who have undergone the arterial switch operation: hyperglycemia is not associated with adverse events. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 135(4):739-745, 2008.
- Price JF, Mott AR, Dickerson HA, Jefferies JL, Nelson DP, Chang AC, Smith EO, Towbin JA, Dreyer, WJ, Denfield SW, Goldstein SL. Worsening renal function in children hospitalized with decompensated heart failure: evidence for a pediatric cardiorenal syndrome? Pediatr Crit Care Med 9(3):279-284, 2008.
Texas Children's Hospital - West Tower
6621 Fannin St., 20th Floor
Houston, TX 77030