Julia Katherine Kuzin, RN, MSN, CPNP
Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Assistant Director, Acute Care Advanced Practice Providers
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children's Hospital
- B.S.N., University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston School of Nursing, Houston, Texas
- M.S.N., University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston School of Nursing, Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Houston, Texas
- Post-Master's Certificate, Pediatric Acute Care, Rush University School of Nursing, Chicago, Ill.
- Rice University, Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Management, Rising Young Leaders Development Program, Houston, Texas
- American Heart Association
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Society of Pediatric Cardiac Nurses
- Texas Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society
Clinical & Research Interests
- Pediatric obesity and preventative cardiology
- Acute kidney injury in neonates following cardiac surgery
- Improving intensive care unit provider care of patients and families
- Kuzin, JK. Cardiology rheumatic fever, carditis. In: Pediatric Acute Care: a guide for interprofessional practice. Bolick B, Reuter-Rice K. (Eds). 2011.
- Kuzin JK. Yborra JG, Taylor MD, Chang AC, Altman CA, Whitney GM, Mott AR. Family member presence during interventions in the intensive care unit: perceptions of pediatric cardiac intensive care providers. Pediatrics 120(4): e895-e901, 2007.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030