Fellowship Training Program - Conferences
- Cardiac Catheterization Conference (hemodynamic & interventional) - A weekly review of previous cardiac catheterization and angiographic data in conjunction with pertinent clinical data is given.
- Electrophysiology Conference - This conference is held for one hour every other week. Didactic sessions on electrocardiography and electrophysiology are the primary focus in the early part of the year. The basics of intracardiac electrophysiologic studies and pacemakers are taught. Later in the year ECG and EP tracing unknowns are presented and reviewed.
- Surgical M & M Conference - This conference is held monthly.
- Echocardiography Conference - This a 1 hour conference held weekly. During the early part of the academic year, didactic sessions are held concerning echocardiography; later conferences focus on more advanced clinical topics and unknowns.
- Pathology Conference - The Department of Pathology presents a weekly review of specimens.
- Surgical Conference - The pediatric cardiology staff, cardiovascular surgery staff, and cardiovascular anesthesia staff meet jointly once a week to review upcoming surgical cases. The pediatric cardiology fellows present cases and participate in the discussions.
- Case Management Conference - Once weekly the pediatric cardiology staff, fellows, and cardiovascular staff meet to discuss all cases where management issues need to be reviewed.
- Red Tag Conference - The echocardiography faculty, fellows, and sonographers meet weekly to discuss interesting cases, presented as an unknown study. Fellows also participate in presenting studies.
- Transplant Conference - The conference covers topics pertinent to transplant.
- Surgical Teaching Rounds - Weekly bedside teaching rounds led by the CV surgeons to discuss the medical and surgical aspects of a patient in the CV-ICU.
- Journal Club - Fellows and faculty meet monthly to review selected articles and new topics in pediatric cardiology.
- Fellow’s Conference - Fellows meet weekly to discuss any issues related to the training program.
E-mail this page to a friend