Yuxin Fan, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Director, John Welsh Cardiovascular Diagnostic Laboratory
- M.B., 1987 Anhui College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Anhui, China
- Ph.D., 1999 Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Fellowship, 2003-2006 University of Washington, Seattle, Wash.
- American Board of Medical Genetics
- Development and implementation of diagnostic tests for acquired and genetic forms of cardiac disease
- Screening for viruses associated with myocarditis and cardiac transplant rejection
- Molecular diagnostic tests for genetic forms of cardiac disease including Marfan syndrome, Loeys-Dietz syndrome, familial thoracic aortic aneurysm, Barth syndrome, dilated or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, left ventricular noncompaction, congenital heart diseases, long QT Syndrome, arrhythmia disorders and arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy
- Investigating the underlying genetic mechanisms of dilated cardiomyopathy, Marfan syndrome, Loeys-Dietz syndrome, familial thoracic aortic aneurysm and arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy
- Linardopoulou E, Williams E, Fan Y, Friedman C, Young J, Trask BJ. Human subtelomeres: hot spots of inter-chromosomal segmental duplication and gene conversion. Nature. 2005;437:94-100.
- Palhan VB, Chen S, Peng GH, Tjernberg A, Gamper AM, Fan Y, Chait BT, La Spada AR, Roeder RG. Polyglutamine-expanded ataxin-7 inhibits STAGA histone acetyltransferase activity to produce retinal degeneration. PNAS. 2005;102:8472-7.
- Fan Y, Limprasert P, Murray IVJ, Smith AC, Lee VM-Y, Trojanowski JQ, Sopher BL, La Spada AR. b-Synuclein modulates a-synuclein neurotoxicity by reducing a-synuclein protein expression. Hum Mol Genet. 2006 Oct 15;15(20):3002-11.
Section of Cardiology
Department of Pediatrics
Baylor College of Medicine, Feigin Center
1102 Bates Ave., Suite 430.09
Houston, TX 77030