W. Jeffrey Dreyer, M.D.
Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Director, Cardiac Transplant Program, Texas Children's Hospital
Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital
- Cardiomyopathy, Heart Failure, Sudden Cardiac Death, Transplantation
- M.D., 1981 University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Fla.
- Residency, 1981-1982 Children's Hospital of Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn.
- Residency, 1982-1984 University of California, San Francisco, Calif.
- Fellowship, 1984-1988 Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, Texas
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Interests are the different types of cardiomyopathies, the treatment of advanced heart failure and cardiac transplantation
Maskatia SA, Decker JA, Spinner JA, Kim JJ, Price JF, Jefferies JL, Dreyer WJ, Smith OE, Rossano JW, Denfield SW. Restrictive physiology is associated with poor outcomes in children with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Pediatr Cardiol. 33(1):141-149, 2012. Epub ahead of print, Sept. 2011.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030