Heather A. Dickerson, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital
- Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiovascular Intensive Care, Critical Care
- M.D., 1997 Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass.
- Residency, 1997-2000 Dartmouth, Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, N.H.
- Fellowship, 2000-2004 Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, Texas
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Research Interests
- Pediatric cardiac critical care, including extracorporeal life support
- Improving the care of critically ill patients with congenital heart disease
- Therapeutic options in the perioperative care of patients including stress dose steroids, vasopressin and the use of peritoneal dialysis
- Care of patients with Heterotaxy syndrome and ways to improve their outcomes
Dickerson HA, Chang AC. Steroids and low cardiac output syndrome after cardiac surgery in children. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 6:495-496, 2005.
Lechner E, Dickerson HA, Fraser CD, Jr., Chang AC. Vasodilatory shock after surgery for aortic valve endocarditis: use of low-dose vasopressin. Pediatr Cardiol.25:558-561, 2004.
Dibardino DJ, Fraser CD, Jr., Dickerson HA, Heinle JS, McKenzie ED, Kung G. Left ventricular inflow obstruction associated with persistent left superior vena cava and dilated coronary sinus. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg.127:959-962, 2004.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030