Antonio G. Cabrera, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Director, Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Program
Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care, Heart Failure/Heart Transplant
- M.D., Universidad Francisco Marroquin, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Residency, Pediatrics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Ill.
- Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
- Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care, Arkansas Children's Hospital, Little Rock, Ark.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical & Research Interests
- CVICU, Heart failure and transplant
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Cardiology
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
- International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Adult Congenital Heart Association
- Cabrera AG, Prodhan P, Cleves MA, Fiser RT, Schmitz M, Fontenot E, McKamie W, Chipman C, Jaquiss RDB, Imamura M. Interhospital transport of children requiring ECMO support for cardiac dysfunction. Congenit Heart Dis. 2011 May;6(3):202-208. Epub ahead of print, March 2011.
- Cabrera AG, Prodhan P, Cleves MA, Fiser RT, Schmitz M, Fontenot E, McKamie W, Chipman C, Jaquiss RD, Imamura M. Congenit Heart Dis May-Jun;6(3):202-208, 2011.
- Shamszad P, Cabrera AG, Kim JJ, Moffett BS, Graves DE, Heinle JS, Rossano JW. Perioperative atrial tachycardia is associated with increased mortlaity in infants undergoing cardiac surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2012 Feb 3 [Epub ahead of print].
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin, MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030