Carolyn A. Altman, M.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Director, Pediatric Cardiology Education, Texas Children's Hospital
Director, Consulting and Inpatient Cardiology Services, Texas Children's Hospital
Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital
- M.D., University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Penn.
- Residency, University of Pittsburgh, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Penn.
- Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, Texas
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Pediatric cardiology
- Fetal echocardiography
- Expanding auscultation and physical exam skills
- Park P, Khawly JA, Kearney DL, Altman CA, Yen KG. Bilateral endogenous endophthalmitis secondary to endocarditis with negative transesophageal echocardiogram. Am J Ophthalmol. 2004; 138:151-153.
- McMahon CJ, Ravekes WJ, Smith OE, Denfield SW, Pignatelli RH, Altman CA, Ayres NA. Risk factors for neo-aortic root enlargement and aortic regurgitation following arterial switch operation. Pediatr Cardiol 2004; 25(4):329-335.
- Kovalchin JP, Lewin MB, Bezold LI, Altman CA, Ayres NA. Harmonic imaging in fetal echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2001; 14:1025-1029.
- Altman CA, Englund JA, Demmler G, Drescher KL, Alexander MA, Watrin C, Feltes TF. Respiratory syncytial virus in patients with congenital heart disease: A contemporary look at epidemiology and success of preoperative screening. Pediatr Cardiol. 2000; 21:433-438.
- Saidi AS, Bezold LI, Altman CA, Ayres NA, Bricker JT. Outcome of pregnancy following intervention for coarctation of the aorta. Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82:786-788.
- Stockton DW, Ross HL, Bacino CA, Altman CA, Shaffer LG, Lupski JR. Severe clinical phenotype due to an interstitial deletion of the short arm of chromosome 1: A brief review. Am J Med Genet. 1997; 71:189-193.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030