Constance Elaine Cephus, RN, MSN, CPNP
Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children's Hospital
- B.S., Alfred University College of Nursing; Clinical Registered Nurse Program, Alfred, N.Y.
- M.S., Loma Linda University Graduate School, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist Program, Loma Linda, Calif.
- Post Master's Certificate Program, Texas Women's University College of Nursing, Pediatric Primary Care, Houston, Texas
- Post Master's Certificate Program, Rush University College of Nursing, Pediatric Acute Chronic Care, Chicago, Ill.
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Acute Care, Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Primary Care, Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, The National Certification Corporation
Clinical & Research Interests
- Adolescents with heart failure
- Quality of life in adolescents and young adults after cardiac transplantation
- Social capital of adolescents
- Dyslipidemia in children
- Single ventricle population
- Dewan K, Cephus C, Owczarzak V, Ocampo E. Incidence and implication of vocal fold paresis following neonatal cardiac surgery. The Laryngoscope, 122:10, Epub ahead of print, 2012.
- Pett CJ, Fraser CD, Mattamal R, Slesnick TC, Cephus CE, Ocampo EC. The impact of a dedicated single ventricle home monitoring program on interstage somatic growth, interstage attrition and one-year survival. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 142:1358-1366, 2011.
- Cephus CE. Transvenous pacemaker insertion: perform AP. In: AACN Procedure Manual for Pediatric Acute and Critical Care, J.T.Verger & R.M. Lebet (Eds.) Saunders-Elsevier, St. Louis, Mo., pp. 370-377, 2007.
- Cephus CE, Mott AR, Kertesz NJ, Slesnick TC. Transient complete atrioventricular block after placement of a central venous catheter in a neonate. Pediatr Crit Care Med 8(1): 64-66, 2007.
Texas Children's Hospital
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030