Hugh D. Allen, M.D.
Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology
Associate, Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children's Hospital
- B.A., B.S., Otterbein College, Westerville, Ohio
- M.D., University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Residency, University of Minnesota Hospitals, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Fellowship, University of Minnesota Hosptals, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics, 1971, Recertification, 1989, 1999
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-Board of Pediatric Cardiology, 1975, Recertification, 1989, 1999
Clinical and Research Interests
- Dr. Allen's major fields of interest are pediatric cardiology education, cardiac ultrasound and cardiomyopathy in muscular dystrophy.
- American Heart Association
- Society of Pediatric Echocardiography
- Society for Pediatric Research
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
Texas Children's Hospital
West Tower - 20th Floor
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030