David Corry, M.D.
Professor, Departments of Pathology & Immunology and Medicine - Pulmonary and Critical Care
B.S., Texas A and M University, 1983
M.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 1988
Research Interests: T cell mechanisms of disease and immune mechanisms underlying airway obstruction in a model of asthma
My laboratory is interested in T cell mechanisms of disease and is currently focusing on the immune mechanisms underlying airway obstruction in a model of asthma. Using a mouse system, our studies have revealed the important roles of CD4+ T cells and the cytokines IL-4 and IL-13. We are pursuing understanding the composition and function of the murine IL-13 receptor and are dissecting the biochemistry of allergens that underlies the induction of allergic inflammation. Other related projects include defining the homing molecules required for Th1 and Th2 cells and understanding the role of short RNAs, including microRNAs and piRNAs, in immune gene expression. Finally, we are developing a novel T cell-based vaccination platform applicable to diverse pathogens.
- Grunig G, Warnock M, Wakil AE, Venkayya R, Brombacher F, Rennick DM, Sheppard D, Mohrs M, Donaldson D, Locksley RM, Corry DB. Requirement for IL-13 independently of IL-4 in experimental asthma. Science 1998; 282: 2261-2263.
- Corry DB, Kheradmand F. Induction and regulation of the IgE response. Nature 1999; 402: B18-23.
- Corry DB, Rishi K., Kanelis, J Kiss A., Song L., Xu J., Feng L, Werb Z., Kheradmand F. Decreased allergic lung inflammatory cell egression and increased susceptibility to asphyxiation in MMP-2-deficiency. Nat Immunol 2002; 3: 347-353.
- Kheradmand F, Kiss A, Rishi K, Xu J, Lee S-H, Kolattukudy P, Corry DB. A Protease activated pathway underlying T helper cell type 2 commitment and allergic lung disease. J Immunol 2002; 169: 5904-5911.
- Lee S-H, Prince J, Rais M, Kheradmand F, Shardonofsky F, Lu H, Smith CY, Beaudet AL, Soong L, Corry DB. Differential Requirement for CD18 in T Effector Homing. Nat Med 2003. 9: 1281-1286.
- Corry DB, Kiss A, Song, L-Z, Xu J, Lee S-H, Werb Z, and Kheradmand F. Overlapping and Independent Contributions of MMP2 and MMP9 to Lung Allergic Inflammatory Cell Egression. FASEB J. 2004; 18:995-997.
- Grumelli S, Corry DB, Song L-Z, Song L, Green L, Huh J, Hacken J, Espada R, Bag R, Lewis DE and Kheradmand F. An immune basis for lung parenchymal destruction in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and emphysema. PloS Med 2004; 1: 75-83.
- XuJ, ParkPW, KheradmandF, Corry DB. Endogenous Attenuation of Allergic Lung Inflammation by Syndecan-1. J Immunol 2005; 174:5758-5765.
For a complete list of Dr. Corry's publications, visit PubMed.
Dr. David Corry
Department of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza, Suite 520B
Houston, TX 77030, U.S.A.