Rodolfo Laucirica, M.D.Associate Professor
Cytopathology Fellowship Director Baylor College of Medicine
Director of Cytopathology Ben Taub Hospital
- M.D., Univ. Centro de Estudios Tecnicos
- East Tenn State Quillen College of Medicine
- East Tenn State Quillen College of Medicine and Vanderbilt Medical Center
- Cytopathology, Baylor College of Medicine
- Pathology: Anatomic and Cytopathology
- Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
Area of Interest
- Pulmonary Pathology
- Associate Professor
- Director of Cytopathology Ben Taub Hospital
- Medical Director, Cytopathology Laboratory, Baylor College of Medicine
Professional Organization Memberships
- College of American Pathologists
- Texas Society of Pathologists (Past President)
- Tesas Medical Association
- Houston Society of Clinical Pathologists (Past President)
- Been L, Olar A, Powers MP, Lopez-Terrada D, Laucirica R. "Myxoid liposarcoma: A case report of a sentinel metastasis to the parotid gland with molecular confirmation". Diagn Cytopathol, 39:780-783, 2011.
- Rosen D, Herrington B, Bhargava P, Laucirica R, Verstovsek G. "Correlation of tissue biopsy and fine needle aspiration cytology with positron emission tomography results". Pathol Res Int, 2011 (Article ID 323051):1-6, 2011.
- Cagle PT, Allen TC, Dacic S, Beasley MB, Borczuk AC, Chirieac LR, Laucirica R, Ro JY, Kerr KM. "Revolution in lung cancer: New challenges for the surgical pathologists". Arch Pathol Lab Med, 135:110-116, 2011.
- Auger M, Moriarty AT, Laucirica R, Souers RJ, Chmara BA, Fatheree LA, Wilbur DC. "Granulomatous inflammation - An underestimated cause of false-positive diagnosis in lung fine-needle aspirates. Observations from the College of American Pathologists nongynecologic cytopathology interlaboratory comparison program". Arch Pathol Lab Med, 134:1793-1796, 2010.
E-mail this page to a friend