Bharati S. Helekar, M.D.Assistant Professor
- M.B., B.S. (M.D. equivalent), University of Bombay, India
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas (July 1999 - June 2004)
- Surgical Pathology, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas (July 2005 - June 2006)
- Cytopathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas (July 2004 - June 2005)
- Surgical Pathology
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Professional Positions Held
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tx (June 2007 - Present)
- Staff Pathologist, McAllen Medical Center and McAllen Heart Hospital, McAllen, Tx and Edinburg Regional Hospital and Edinburg Children's Hospital, Edinburg, TX (August 2006 - June 2007)
Professional Organization Memberships
- College of American Pathologists
- Houston Society of Clinical Pathologists
- Texas Society of Pathologists
- Duvic M, Helekar B , Schulz C, Cho M, DiSepio D, Hager C, DiMao D, Hazarika P, Jackson B, Breuer-McHam J, Young J, Clayman G, Lippman SM, Chandraratna RA, Robinson NA, Deucher A, Eckert RL, and Nagpal S. Expression of a retinoid-inducible tumor suppressor, Tazarotene-inducible gene-3, is decreased in psoriasis and skin cancer. Clinical Cancer Research, 2000, 6, 8, 3249-59.
- Howes, K., Bronson, J. D., Dang, Y. L., Li, N., Zhang, K., Ruiz, C., Helekar, B ., Lee, M., Subbaraya, I., Kolb, H., Chen, J., and Baehr, W. Gene array and expression of retina guanylate cyclase activating proteins 1 and 2., Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science , 1998, 39, 867-75.
- Semple-Rowland, Gorczyca, W. A., Buczylko, J., Helekar, B. S. , Ruiz, C. C., Subbaraya, I. P., Palczewski, K. and Baehr, W. Expression of GCAP1 and GCAP2 in the retinal degeneration (rd) mutant chicken retina, FEBS Letters. , 1996, 385, 47-52.
- Subbaraya, I. , Ruiz, C. C., Helekar, B. S ., Zhao, X., Gorczyca, W. A., Pettenati, M. J., Rao, P. N., Palczewski, K. and Baehr, W., Molecular characterization of human and mouse photoreceptor guanylate cyclase-activating protein (GCAP) and chromosomal localization of human gene, Journal of Biological Chemistry , 1994, 49, 31080-9.
- Palczewski, K., Subbaraya, I., Gorczyca, W. A., Helekar, B. S. , Ruiz, C. C., Ohguro, H., Huang, J., Zhao, X., Crabb, J. W., Johnson, R. S. et al., Molecular cloning and characterization of retinal photoreceptor guanylyl cyclase-activating protein, Neuron , 1994, 13, 395-404.
E-mail this page to a friend