Ewa Anna Filipowicz, M.D.Assistant Professor
- Medical Academy Warsaw, Poland
- Professional Degree: M.D.
- Residency in combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (1995-1999), University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Mini residency in pathology 2007. The Methodist Hospital, Houston , TX
- Surgical Pathology Fellowship1999-2000. Clinical Research Tools and Techniques course.
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Infectious disease/Surgical pathology research fellowship University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX. (Molecular pathogenesis of Hepatitis C virus induced bile duct injury).
- 2000/2001 College of American Pathologists Foundation Fellowship.
- 2001/2002 UTMB sponsored Research Fellowship
- Surgical Pathology/Breast Pathology Fellowship 2007/2008. Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, 2008
Area of Interest
Honors and Awards
- Resident's Teaching Award 1997/1998
- George Dock Scholarship 1999/2000
- First prize Pathology Education Award for Excellence in Clinical /Diagnostic Research 2000, UTMB at Galveston
- CAP Foundation Scholarship 2000
- 2001 Texas Society of Pathologists meeting in Galveston
- 3rd prize for a poster: Role of apoptosis and CD95/CD95 Ligand expression in chronic Hepatitis C and HIV infection.
- UTMB sponsored Research Fellowship 2001/2002
Membership on professional organizations
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists (elected in 1996)
- College of American Pathologists (elected 1996)
- Amin A. Mohammed, Ph.D., Ewa A. Filipowicz, M.D. Book Review: Clinical Chemistry: Theory, Analysis, and Correlation by Lawrence A. Kaplan and Amadeo J. Pesce (editors). Arch Pathol Lab Med 1998; 122; 8: 752.
- Roberto Logrono, M.D., Ewa A. Filipowicz, M.D., Eduardo J. Eyzaguirre, M.D., Ravindranauth N. Sawh, M.B.,B.S.,D.M. Diagnosis of primary fibrosarcoma of the lung by fine needle aspiration and core biopsy: case report and review of the literature. Arch Pathol Lab Med 1999; 123; 8: 731-735.
- Ewa A. Filipowicz, M.D., Karyna C. Ventura, M.D., Anna M. Pou, M.D., Roberto Logrono, M.D. The role of fine needle aspiration in the diagnosis of recurrent dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans of the forehead. Acta Cytologica 1999; 43: 1177-1180 .
- Karyna C. Ventura, M.D., Ewa A. Filipowicz, M.D., Cloudia P. Molina, M.D., Ravindranauth, N. Sawh, M.B., B.S., D.M., Roberto Logrono, M.D. Diagnosis of recurrent uterine carcinosarcoma by fine needle aspiration cytology. Report of a case. Diagnostic Cytopathology; 2000; 23, 2; 108-113.
- Su Wang, M.D., Ph.D., Ewa A. Filipowicz, M.D., Vicki J Schnadig, M.D. Abundant Intracytoplasmic Hemosiderin in Both Histiocytes and Neoplastic Cells. A diagnostic pitfall in Fine Needle Aspiration of Cystic Papillary Renal-Cell Carcinoma. Diagnostic Cytopathology; 2001; 24, 2; 82-85
- V. Sovani, M.D., G.V.N., Valagaleti, Ph.D., E. Filipowicz M.D., Z. Gatalica, M.D., D.Sc., A.S. Knisely, M.D. Ossifying fibromyxoid tumor of soft parts- report of a case with novel cytogenetic findings. Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics 2001;127; 1-6.
- Fernando Martinez, M.D., Ewa Filipowicz, M.D. , S. David Hudnal, M.D. Plasma cell granuloma of the thyroid: case report and review of the literature. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2002; 126; 5: 595-598.
- Ewa A. Filipowicz, M.D., P. Adegboyega, M.D., R. Sanchez, M.D., Z. Gatalica, M.D. Expression of CD95 (FAS) in sun-exposed human skin and cutaneous Neoplasms. Cancer 2002; 94: 814-819.
- Filipowicz EA, Xiao S-Y, Sower LE, Weems J, and Payne DA. Detection of HCV in bile duct epithelium by laser capture microdissection (LCM). In Vivo. 19(4):737;2005
E-mail this page to a friend