Immunology Graduate Student Publications
Immunology Graduate Student First-Author Publications, 2003-2009
Department of Immunology graduate students publish at least one first-author publication in a peer-reviewed journal prior to completion of the Ph.D. program.
- Goswami S, Angkasekwinai P, Shan M, Greenlee KJ, Barranco WT, Polikepahad S, Seryshev A, Song LZ, Redding D, Singh B, Sur S, Woodruff P, Dong C, Corry DB, Kheradmand F. Divergent functions for airway epithelial matrix metalloproteinase 7 and retinoic acid in experimental asthma. Nat Immunol. 2009 May;10(5):496-503. Epub 2009 Mar 29.
- Brake DK, Smith CW. Flow cytometry on the stromal-vascular fraction of white adipose tissue. Methods Mol Biol. 2008;456:221-9.
- Guerrero AD, Chen M, Wang J. Delineation of the caspase-9 signaling cascade. Apoptosis. 2008 Jan;13(1):177-86.
- Lee SH, Prince JE, Rais M, Kheradmand F, Ballantyne CM, Weitz-Schmidt G, Smith CW, Corry DB. Developmental control of integrin expression regulates Th2 effector homing. J Immunol. 2008 Apr 1;180(7):4656-67.
- Orozco AF, Jorgez CJ, Horne C, Marquez-Do DA, Chapman MR, Rodgers JR, Bischoff FZ, Lewis DE. Membrane protected apoptotic trophoblast microparticles contain nucleic acids: relevance to preeclampsia. Am J Pathol. 2008 Dec;173(6):1595-608. Epub 2008 Oct 30.
- Peng W, Wang HY, Miyahara Y, Peng G, Wang RF. Tumor-associated galectin-3 modulates the function of tumor-reactive T cells. Cancer Res. 2008 Sep 1;68(17):7228-36.
- Sandoval H, Thiagarajan P, Dasgupta SK, Schumacher A, Prchal JT, Chen M, Wang J. Essential role for Nix in autophagic maturation of erythroid cells. Nature. 2008 Jul 10;454(7201):232-5. Epub 2008 May 4.
- Sharabi AB, Aldrich M, Sosic D, Olson EN, Friedman AD, Lee SH, Chen SY. Twist-2 controls myeloid lineage development and function. PLoS Biol. 2008 Dec 16;6(12):e316.
- Lee SH, Kunz J, Lin SH, Yu-Lee LY. 16-kDa prolactin inhibits endothelial cell migration by down-regulating the Ras-Tiam1-Rac1-Pak1 signaling pathway. Cancer Res. 2007 Nov 15;67(22):11045-53.
- Shui JW, Boomer JS, Han J, Xu J, Dement GA, Zhou G, Tan TH. Hematopoietic progenitor kinase 1 negatively regulates T cell receptor signaling and T cell-mediated immune responses. Nat Immunol. 2007 Jan;8(1):84-91. Epub 2006 Nov 19.
- Brake DK, Smith EO, Mersmann H, Smith CW, Robker RL. ICAM-1 expression in adipose tissue: effects of diet-induced obesity in mice. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006 Dec;291(6):C1232-9. Epub 2006 Jun 28.
- Andersson, H.A., Singh, R.A.K., and Barry, M.A. Activation of refractory T cell responses against hepatitis C virus core protein by ablation of interfering hydrophobic domains. Molecular Therapy 2006. 13(2):338-346.
- Evel-Kabler, Kevin, Song XT, Aldrich M, Huang XF, Chen SY. SOCS1 restricts
- dendritic cells’ ability to break self tolerance and induce antitumor immunity by regulating IL-2 production and signaling. J Clin Invest 2006. 116(1):90-100.
- Lacuesta K, Buza E, Hauser H, Granville L, Pule M, Corboy G, Finegold M, Weiss H, Chen SY, Brenner MK, Heslop HE, Rooney CM, Bollard CM. Assessing the safety of cytotoxic T lymphocytes transduced with a dominant negative transforming growth factor-beta receptor. J Immunother. 2006 May-Jun;29(3):250-60.
- Orozco AF, Bischoff FZ, Horne C, Popek E, Simpson JL, Lewis DE. Hypoxia-induced membrane-bound apoptotic DNA particles: potential mechanism of fetal DNA in maternal plasma. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006 Sep;1075:57-62.
- Shui JW, Hu MC, Tan TH. Conditional knockout mice reveal an essential role of protein phosphatase 4 in thymocyte development and pre-T-cell receptor signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2007 Jan;27(1):79-91. Epub 2006 Oct 23.
- Andersson Helen A, MF Passeri, and MA Barry. Rad23 as a reciprocal agent for stimulating or repressing immune responses. Human Gene Therapy 2005. May;16(5):634-41.
- Bradfute, Steven B , TA Graubert, and MA Goodell. Roles of Sca-1 in hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell function. Exp Hem. 2005 Jul;33(7):836-43.
- Han, Jin, J.-W. Shui, X. Zhang, B. Zheng, S. Han, and T.-H. Tan. HIP-55 is important for T-cell proliferation, cytokine production and immune responses. Mol Cell Biol. 2005. 25:6869-6878
- Hanks, Brent A., J Jiang, RA. Singh, W Song, MA Barry, KM Slawin, and DM Spencer. Reengineered CD40 Receptor Enables Potent Pharmacological in vivo Activation of Dendritic Cell Cancr Vac. Nat Med. 2005. 11 (2), 130-137.
- Lee, Sok-hyong, Nishino M, Mazumdar T, Garcia GE, Galfione M, Lee FL, Lee, CL, Liang A, Kim J, Feng L, Eissa NT, Lin SH, Yu-Lee LY. 16-kDa prolactin down-regulates inducible nitric oxide synthase expression through inhibition of the signal transducer and activator of transcription 1/IFN regulatory factor-1 pathway. Cancer Res. 2005 1;65(17):7984-92.
- MacCorkle, Rebecca A. and Tse-Hua Tan. Mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) in cell cycle control. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2005. 43:451-461.
- MacCorkle RA, Tan TH. Mitogen-activated protein kinases in cell-cycle control. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2005;43(3):451-61. Review.
- Andersson, Helen A, and Michael A Barry. Maximizing antigen targeting to the proteasome for gene-based vaccines. Mol Therapy. 2004. 10(3):432-446.
- Lee, Sueng-Hyo, A Kiss, J Xu, Y Qian, L Bashoura, F Kheradmand, and DB Corry. Airway glycoprotein secretion parallels production and predicts airway obstruction in pulmonary allergy. J All Clin Immuno. 2004. 113(1):72-78.
- Lee, Seung-Hyo, and David B. Corry. Homing alone? CD18 in infectious and allergic disease. Trends in Molecular Medicine. 2004. 10(6)
- Lei, Shen, Kevin Evel-Kabler, R Strube and S-Y Chen. Silencing of SOCS1 enhances antigen presentation by dendritic cells and antigen-specific anti-tumor immunity. Nat Biotech. 2004. 22(12):1546-53.
- MacCorkle, Rebecca and Tse-Hua Tan. Inhibition of JNK2 disrupts anaphase and produces aneuploidy in mammalian cells. J Bio Chem. 2004. 279(38):40112-40121.
- McKinney-Freeman, Shannon, and Margaret Goodell. Circulating hematopoietic stem cells do not efficiently home to bone marrow during homeostasis. Exp Hem. 2004. 32:868-876.
- Mihindululasuriya, Kathie, G Zhou, J Qin, and T-H Tan. Protein phosphatase 4 interacts with and down-regulates insulin receptor substrate 4 following tumor necrosis factor-a stimulation. J Bio Chem. 2004. 279(45):46588-46594.
- Shui, Jr-Wen and Tse-Hua Tan. Germline transmission and efficient DNA recombination in mouse embryonic stem cells mediated by adenoviral-cre transduction. Genesis. 2004. 39:217-223.
- Bradfute, Steven, and Margaret Goodell. Adenoviral transduction of mouse hematopoietic stem cells. Mol Ther.2003. 7(3):334-340.
- Doyle, C. Kuyler, BK Davis, RG Cook, RR Rich, and JR Rodgers. Hyperconservation of the N-formyl peptide binding site of M3: Evidence that M3 is an old eutherian molecule with conserved recognition of a pathogen-associated molecular pattern. J Immuno. 2003. 171:836-844.
- Doyle, C. Kuyler, RG Cook, RR Rich, and JR Rodgers. Cotton rat Sihi-M3 is a minimally oligomorphic Mhc I-b molecule that binds the chemotactic peptide fMLF under stringent conditions. Immunogenetics. 2003 55:389-394.
- Han, Jin, R Kori, J-W Shui, Y-R Chen, Z Yao, and T-H Tan. The SH3 domain-containing adaptor HIP-55 mediated c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation in T cell receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003. 278(52):52195-52202.
- Lee, Seung-Hyo, JE Prince, M Rais, J Kheradmand, F Shardonofsky, H Lu, AL Beaudet, CW Smith, L Soong, and DB Corry. Differential requirement for CD18 in T-helper effector homing. Nat Med. 2003. 9(10):1281-1286.
- McKinney-Freeman, Shannon, SM Majka, KA Jackson, K Norwood, KK Hirschi, and MA Goodell. Altered phenotype and reduced function of muscle-dereived hematopoietic stem cells. Exp Hem. 2003. 31:806-814.
- Parrott, M. Brandon, KE Adams, GT Mercier, H Mok, SK Campos, and MA Barry. Metabolically biotinylated adenovirus for cell targeting, ligand screening and vector purification. Mol Ther. 2003. 8(4):688-700.
- Pinto-Gonzalez Howell, Dasi, RJ Krieser, A Eastman, and MA Barry. Deoxyribonuclease II is a lysosomal barrier to transfection. Mol Ther. 2003. 8(6):957-963.