Otolaryngology Press Releases
- Physical ailments often confused with behavioral issuesAug 28, 2015
- For some children a health problem could be to blame for acting up in class or even a drop in grades. Our experts say what might look like a behavioral issue could actually be a sign of hearing loss, sleep apnea or a voice problem.
- Vocal health tips for teachersAug 26, 2015
- According to our experts, back-to-school isn’t just for the students, teachers need to prepare, as well, by performing vocal warm-ups to keep their voice healthy during the school year.
- Rare gene variant associated with middle ear infectionsJun 29, 2015
- Researchers may have taken the first step on the road to understanding why only some people get frequent painful or chronic middle ear infections.
- 'Pacemaker for the tongue' offers minimally-invasive, less painful approach in sleep apnea treatmentNov 10, 2014
- Dr. Mas Takashima will be the first sleep surgeon in Houston to perform the hypoglossal nerve stimulator procedure to treat sleep apnea.
- Baylor College of Medicine ACE grants awardedMay 16, 2013
- Find out which Baylor College of Medicine medical residents and fellows have been awarded the Advancing Clinical Excellence in Health Care Delivery System Trainee Grants to support their work toward improving the safety and quality of patient care.