Otolaryngology Press Releases
- Cochlear implant seminar to bring awareness to hearing aidOct 17, 2017
- Experts at Baylor College of Medicine hope to bring awareness to a device that may provide benefit in this situation – cochlear implants.
- When to worry about a sore throatOct 20, 2016
- Dr. Julina Ongkasuwan says multiple health conditions may play a role in having an itchy, irritated and painful throat.
- Hearing loss in musicians, not just rock and rollersMay 12, 2016
- Loud music from almost any part of the orchestra or brass band can cause hearing loss, according to a hearing expert at Baylor.
- Identification of a new hearing impairment gene implicates the involvement of the S1PR gene family in human diseaseJan 21, 2016
- An international group of researchers led by those at Baylor College of Medicine find gene mutation associated with hearing loss.
- Physical ailments often confused with behavioral issuesAug 28, 2015
- For some children a health problem could be to blame for acting up in class or even a drop in grades. Our experts say what might look like a behavioral issue could actually be a sign of hearing loss, sleep apnea or a voice problem.