Brenda Farrell, Ph.D.
Ph.D. Interfacial Engineering (1994), Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, University of London
- Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota
- Keck Center for Computational Biology, Rice University, Houston, Texas
- Telephone: 713-798-8541 (office), 281-808-6736 (mobile)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Khatibzadeh N, Gupta S, Farrell B, Brownell WE, Anvari B. Effects of cholesterol on nano-mechanical properties of the living cell plasma membrane. Soft Matter 2012;8:8350-60.
- Corbitt C, Farinelli F, Brownell WE, Farrell B. Tonotopic relationships reveal the charge density varies along the lateral wall of the outer hair cells. Biophys J 2012;102:2715-24.
- Farrell B, Qian F, Kolomeisky AB, Anvari B, Brownell WE. Measuring forces at the leading edge: a force assay for cell motility. Integr Biol DOI:10.1039/C2IB20097J.
- Rabbitt RD, Clifford S, Breneman DK, Farrell B, Brownell WE. Power efficiency of outer hair cell somatic electromotility. PLoS Comput Biol 2009;5:e1000444.
- Farrell B, Do Shope C, Brownell WE. Voltage-dependent capacitance of human embryonic kidney cells. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 2006;73:041930.
- Rajagopalan L, Patel N, Maabushi S, Goddard JA, Anjan V, Lin F, Shope C, Farrell B, Lichtarge O, Davidson AL, Brownell WE, Pereira FA. Essential helix interactions in the anion transporter domain of prestin revealed by evolutionary trace analysis. J Neurosci 2006;26:12727-34.
- Farrell B, Cox SJ. Estimating the time course of pore expansion during the spike phase of exocytotic release in mast cells of the beige mouse. Bull Math Biol 2002;64:797-1010.
- Sun SX, Farrell B, Chana MS, Oster G, Brownell WE, Spector AA.Voltage and frequency dependence of prestin-associated charge transfer. J Theor Biol 2000;260:137-44.