||MEOBG-Obstetrics and Gynecology|
||526-Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
||Jennifer Elizabeth Dietrich, M.D.|
||Jennifer Lyrah Bercaw-Pratt, M.D.,Yemi Adeyemi-Fowode, M.D.,Ronald L. Young, M.D.|
|Elective Offered Terms:
|Min. Number of Students:||1
|Visiting Student Elective:
|Open to International Students:
H,HP, P, MP, F Narrative Evaluation
||Percentage of time expected|
|Regular Hours (Mon-Fri):
||None Req-ER is vol.
|Number on-call nights:
|Statement of Goals:|
|To learn about the routine exam of pediatric and adolescent patients
• To learn to recognize common causes of amenorrhea
• To learn about common conditions of the vulva including management of hematomas, and how to work up vulvar ulcers
• To learn about HPV infection, the natural history of disease in adolescents, and treatment modalities. To learn about preventative measures.
• To learn about non-contraceptive benefits of combination contraceptives
• To learn about common conditions in the adolescent patient resulting in acne and hirsutism.
• To learn about prepubertal conditions commonly seen, such as precocious puberty, labial adhesions, lichen sclerosus, and vuvlvovaginitis
• To recognize normal and abnormal anatomy in the prepubertal child.
• To learn about the management of ovarian cysts.
• To learn about the management STD’s and PID.
• To understand the normal process of puberty.
• To review toxic shock syndrome.
• To learn about premenstrual dysphoric disorder.
• To understand how to counsel about sexual activity or other risk-taking behaviors in teens.
• To learn about helpful radiologic imaging tools in gynecology
• To learn about caring for the victim of sexual abuse.
Outpatient and inpatient experience in clinic, inpatient consults, and operating room cases. Didactic lectures offered each Wednesday at 7 or 7:30am. OBGYN Grand Rounds Wednesdays at 8am, TCH auditorium. Clinic morning sessions begin at 9:00 am, and afternoon sessions start at 1:00 pm.|
|The rotation will focus on both common and uncommon problems faced in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. The rotation will give the student an opportunity to hone skills in routine pelvic examination and evaluate problems among pediatric and adolescent patients in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
• Emans & Laufer Text, 5th Edition, “Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology”
• Hertweck, Nakajima, Pearlman Text, “Clinical Protocols in Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology"|
|We will use the form provided by the Registrar’s Office, except in cases where Visiting Students provide a form from their own institution.|
|When and Where to report on first day of service:|
|Pavillion for Women, 10th floor-Instructions will be emailed
|For additional information regarding this elective contact:|
||Pavilion for Women, F1020.37|