The Pediatric Orthopedic Fellow attends the following conferences during the entire year:
- Pediatric Orthopedic Journal Club, every Tuesday a.m.
- Baylor Orthopedic Grand Rounds, every Friday a.m.
- Pediatric Orthopedic Pre and Post-Op Conference, every Thursday p.m.
- During the Shriners Hospital rotation, fellows also attend Shriners Hospital Grand Rounds, every Tuesday a.m.
- During the Texas Children’s Hospital rotation they also attend Pediatric Orthopedic Conference, every Monday at noon
The fellowship provides funds for the pediatric orthopedics fellows to attend at least one national educational conference during the fellowship training year. The fellowship will support attendance of fellows to make oral presentations at scientific meetings at the program director’s and department chair’s discretion.
Attendance is required at the following weekly conferences: Department of Orthopedic Surgery Grand Rounds, Shriners Pediatric Orthopedic Journal Club, Shriners Surgical Indications Conference, Texas Children’s Hospital Pediatric Orthopedic Journal Club, Texas Children’s Hospital Pediatric Orthopedic Weekly Case Conference, and Houston Pediatric Orthopedic Conference. Attendance is also required periodically at affiliated institutional specialty related lectureships and symposiums.