Why select Baylor Vision?
It is only natural for patients to want the very best in eye surgery care.
To help you feel more confident about your choice, we want to share with you a few reasons why patients have recommended Baylor Vision to others.
Reasons to choose Baylor Vision
- Our physicians are leaders in the development and advancement of laser vision correction.
- Our physicians train other physicians on new LASIK technology and other procedures.
- Baylor Vision physicians receive referrals from other physicians on special, complicated cases.
- Baylor Vision physicians have the most experience in this region with CustomVue technology because of their involvement in the VISX clinical trials.
- Baylor Vision physicians’ conservative approach to laser vision correction involves a meticulous screening process; up to one-third of individuals are advised not to undergo surgery.
- Baylor Vision physicians provide ophthalmic services to the Houston Texans players.
- Baylor Vision was featured in the PBS documentary 20/10 by 2010 hosted by Walter Cronkite.
- Dr. Hamill is past president of the Texas Ophthalmological Association, and in recent years he has been named on Inside Houston’s Best Doctors list.
- Dr. Koch was named one of the top 10 refractive surgeons in the United States in a survey conducted by Ophthalmology Times. He was named in the new book America’s Top Doctors: The Nation’s Leading Medical Specialists. Dr. Koch is editor of the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and past president of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
- Dr. Pflugfelder was named one of the Best Doctors in America in a survey of physicians. He is on the editorial boards of the journals Cornea and American Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Dr. Weikert has several years of industry experience in the field of engineering and has also received awards for his research in ophthalmology.
- Baylor Vision technical staff has more than 20 years of combined experience.
- Baylor Vision patients see the physician during the pre-operative visit and day of surgery, rather than minutes prior to the procedure.
- Baylor Vision physicians carefully review all pertinent patient data and plan each patient’s treatment individually.
- For more than 100 years, Baylor College of Medicine has provided quality patient care, and Baylor Vision continues that tradition by providing superior patient care with excellent outcomes.