BCM Midwifery Service Our focus is on promoting and maintaining health, and we encourage women and their families to be informed and actively involved in this process.
Our service is:
- Full-scope individualized care for healthy women, including family planning or child spacing techniques, annual physical exams and pap smears, as well as treatment for minor gynecologic conditions
- Focused on complete prenatal and birth care emphasisng a safe and emotionally satisfying experience
- Managed and staffed by certified nurse-midwives
- Manned by faculty or staff of Baylor College of Medicine
- Available in a variety of locations
- Affiliated with Ben Taub General Hospital, which also provides a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery for any infants requiring that level of care
Physician consultation and collaborative management are available if needed.
BCM midwives also offer group prenatal care known as CenteringPregnancy as an option to women in many of our clinics.