Raymond Sawaya, M.D.
Professor and Chair
- American Board of Neurological Surgeons
- St. Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
- Beekman-Downtown Hospital, New York, NY
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- National Institutes of Health NINCDS (Surgical Neurology Branch), Brain Tumor Research, Bethesda, MD
Primary Neurosurgical Interests
- Primary and metastatic brain tumors, enhanced accessibility and safety of brain tumor surgery, third ventricle, brainstem, and pineal region tumors
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- Harris County Medical Society
- Department of Neurosurgery
- 1709 Dryden, Suite 750
- Houston, TX 77030
- Phone: 713-798-4696
- Fax: 713-798-7305
Huang FJ, Steeg PS, Price JE, Chiu WT, Chou PC, Xie K, Sawaya R, Huang S: Molecular basis for the critical role of suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 in melanoma brain metastasis. Cancer Res 68 (23): 9634-9642, 2008.
Abou-Ghazal M, Yang DS, Qiao W, Reina-Ortiz C, Wei J, Kong LY, Fuller GN, Hiraoka N, Priebe W, Sawaya R, Heimberger AB: The incidence, correlation with tumor-infiltrating inflammation, and prognosis of phosphorylated STAT3 expression in human gliomas. Clin Cancer Res 14 (24): 8228-8235, 2008.
Zhang Y, Zhang N, Dai B, Liu M, Sawaya R, Xie K, Huang S: FoxM1B transcriptionally regulates vascular endothelial growth factor expression and promotes the angiogenesis and growth of glioma cells. Cancer Res 68 (21): 8733-8742, 2008.
Bögler O, Sawaya R: Foreward: Biomarkers and cancer stem cells in primary brain tumors. Curr Probl Cancer 32: 95-96, 2008.
Nakamizo A, Amano T, Zhang W, Zhang XQ, Ramdas L, Liu TJ, Bekele BN, Shono T, Sasaki T, Benedict WF, Sawaya R, Lang FF: Phosphorylation of Thr18 and Ser20 of p53 in Ad-p53-induced apoptosis. Neuro-oncol 10 (3): 275-291, 2008.
Mehta MP, Buckner JC, Sawaya R, Cannon G: Neoplasms of the central nervous system. In DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA, (eds). DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology. 8th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008, pp. 1975-2032.
Sawaya R, Wildrick D: Metastatic brain tumors: surgery perspective. In Chin L, Regine W, (eds). Principles and Practice of Stereotactic Radiosurgery. Heidelberg, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2008, pp. 193-199.
E-mail this page to a friend