Claudia S. Robertson, M.D.
Medical Director, The Center for Neurosurgical Intensive Care, Ben Taub Hospital
- Internal Medicine (1978) with Certificate of Special Qualifications in Critical Care Medicine (1997)
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Internal Medicine, VA Hospital Affiliated Program, Georgetown University, Washington DC
- Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Critical Care Medicine, West Virginia University Hospital, Morgantown, WV
Primary Neurosurgical Interests
- Clinical: Neuro-critical care medicine, Acute care of traumatic brain injury and other Neurosurgical disorders
- Research: Mechanisms of brain damage and neuroprotection following traumatic brain injury, Cerebral blood flow physiology
Harris County Medical Society
Texas Medical Association
American Medical Association
Houston Neurological Society
International Neurotrauma Society
Society of Critical Care Medicine
Neurocritical Care Society
American College of Physicians
American College of Critical Care Medicine
- Department of Neurosurgery
1709 Dryden, Suite 750
Houston, TX 77030
- Cherian L, Hlatky R, Robertson CS: Nitric oxide metabolism in the brain after traumatic brain injury. Brain Pathology 14: 195-201, 2004.
- Hlatky R, Valadka AB, Goodman JC, Robertson CS: Patterns of cerebral energy substrates during ischemia measured in the brain by microdialysis. J Neurotrauma 21:894-906, 2004.
- Yang J, Clark JW Jr, Bryan RM Jr, Robertson CS: Mathematical Modeling of the Nitric Oxide/cGMP Pathways in the Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005 Aug;289(2):H886-97. Epub 2005 Apr.
- Darouiche RO, Berger DH, Khardori N, Robertson CS, Wall MJ Jr, Metzler MH, Shah S, Mansouri MD, Cerra-Steward C, Versalovic J, Reardon MJ, Raad II: Comparison of antimicrobial impregnation with tunneling of long-term central venous catheters: a randomized control trial. Ann Surg 2005 Aug;242(2):193-200.
- Hlatky R, Valadka AB, Gopinath SP, Robertson CS: Intracranial pressure response to induced hypertension: role of dynamic pressure autoregulation. Neurosurgery 2005;57(5):917-23