The Vaccine Research Center at Baylor College of Medicine promotes human health by developing effective methods for the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases through clinical and laboratory research and educational activities.
This center is focused on the following:
- Supporting existing vaccine and antimicrobial research programs that are ongoing at Baylor, including preclinical and clinical programs
- Supporting investigators/clinical collaborators who have expertise and capabilities for developing cutting edge programs in systems biology, immunogenetics, molecular virology and cellular immunology
- Expanding vaccine and antimicrobial development programs in both animal models and human volunteer research programs so that hypothesis-driven research can be initiated and supported
- Providing a critical mass in bioinformatics expertise for analyzing and providing statistical support for systems biology and immunogenetics research
- Expanding and codifying an educational program designed to train the next generation of vaccinologists