Awards & Special Recognition
Viktor Feketa received the 3rd place "Speaker Award" at the 2013 BCM Graduate Student Symposium.
Rajeev Tajhya received the "Education Travel Award” to attend and present his poster at the Biophysical Society 57th Annual Meeting Feb, 2013, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Zhijuan Cao received a 2 year American Heart (Southwest Affiliate) Predoctoral fellowship.
Randy Crossland received the Beckman Platform Award for his talk at the 2012 BCM Graduate Student Symposium.
- Karlie Jones for Best Poster Presentation at the 8th annual International Myotonic Dystrophy Consortium, Dec. 2011.
- Karlie Jones for representing the department as the platform speaker at the 2011 BCM Graduate Student Symposium.
- Randy Crossland 3rd place poster at the 2011 BCM Graduate Student Symposium.
- Monica Garcia 3rd place poster at the 2011 BCM Graduate Student Symposium.
- Jonathan Respress 2nd place at the 2011 BCM Graduate Student Symposium.
- Gary Stinnett 1st place poster at the 2011 Keck Center Annual Research Conference.
Rashieda Hatcher receives the 2011 Minority Affairs Committee travel award for the American Society Cell Biology annual meeting. (Supported by an NIH NIGMS Minority Access to Research Careers grant.)