- Developing statistical methods for human gene mapping; implementing these methods in computer programs
- Analysis of rare variants; gene-gene / gene-environment interactions
- Ph.D. Student in Statistical Genetics, Structural and Computational Biology and Molecular Biophysics program at Baylor College of Medicine
- B.S. in Biology, Beijing Forestry University
- Wang G, Yang Y, and Ott J. (2010) Genome-wide conditional search for epistatic disease predisposing variants in human association studies. Hum. Hered. 70:34-41.