Allison M. Pritchett, M.D.
Department of Medicine - Cardiology - Baylor College of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Medicine
BTGH- 6th Floor HoustonTX
Dr. Pritchett is active in clinical research to define the interaction of obesity, the metabolic syndrome, and heart failure. She has received an NIH grant to study the effects of diet, exercise, and behavioral modification in patients with systolic heart failure and the metabolic syndrome. In addition, she is collaborating with the endocrinology department to form a metabolic heart failure clinic at Ben Taub General Hospital.
Education and Training:
- Medical School: Universityof Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Residency: Baylor Collegeof Medicine, Houston, TX
- Fellowship: MayoClinic, Rochester, MN
Areas of Clinical Expertise:
Echocardiography and Heart Failure
Clinical research involved in studying the interaction between obesity, metabolic syndrome and heart failure
- Patel, J, Valencik, M, Pritchett, AM, Burnett, J, McDonald, J, Redfield, MM. Cardiac-Specific Attenuation of Natriuretic Peptide A Receptor Activity Accentuates Adverse Cardiac Remodeling and Mortality in Response to Pressure Overload. American Journal of Physiology Heart and Circulatory Physiology. March 2005.
- Pritchett, AM, Foreyt, JP, Mann, DL. Treatment of the Metabolic Syndrome: The Impact of Lifestyle Modification. Current Atherosclerosis Reports 7(2): 95-102, March 2005.
- Pritchett, AM, Mahoney, DW, Jacobsen, SJ, Rodeheffer, RJ, Karon, BL, Redfield, MM. Diastolic Dysfunction and Left Atrial Volume: A Population Based Study Journal of the American College of Cardiology 45(1):87-92, January 2005.
- Pritchett, AM, Mann, DL. Neurohormonal Therapy for Congestive Heart Failure. Current Treatment Options in Cardiovascular Medicine 6(6):499-507, December 2004.
- Pritchett, AM, Jacobsen, SJ, Mahoney, DW, Rodeheffer, RJ, Bailey, KR, Redfield, MM. Left Atrial Volume as an Index of Left Atrial Size: A Population-Based Study. Journal of the of Cardiology 41(6): 1036-1043, March 2003.
- Pritchett, AM, Morrison, JF, Edwards, WD, Schaff, HV, Connolly, HM, Espinosa, RE. Valvular Heart Disease in Patients Taking Pergolide. Mayo Clinic Proceedings 77(12): 1280-1286, December 2002.
- Pritchett, AM, Redfield, MM. Beta-Blockers: New Standard Therapy for Heart Failure. Mayo Clinic Proceedings 77(8): 839 - 846, August 2002.