Dorellyn Blanchette Lee, B.S., M.P.A.
Lab Manager, Heart Failure
Dorellyn Lee (Lee-Jackson) is dedicated to basic and clinical laboratory research. Dorellyn has over 25 years of laboratory research experience in the Texas Medical Center. Her laboratory skills range from Apoptosis to Zymography. She specializes in ELISAs, RIAs and EIAs. She has over six years experience as an IACUC board member for the VA and Baylor combined. In the basic laboratory setting she is committed to managing the laboratory on a daily basis. She provides detail training and technical support to all principle investigators, post docs, fellows, departmental administrators and technicians. She also has extensive knowledge in federal regulatory agencies which regulate basic and clinical research.
- “Plasma matrix metalloproteinase and inhibitor profiles in patients with heart failure”. Wilson EM, Gunasinghe HR, Coker ML, Sprunger P, Lee-Jackson D, Bozkurt B, Deswal A, Mann DL, Spinale FG. J Card Fail. 2002 Dec:8(6):390-8.
- “Increase myocardial gene expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and nitric oxide synthase-2: a potential mechanism for depressed myocardial function in hibernating myocardium in humans”. Kalra DK, Zhu X, Ramchandani MK, Lawerie G, Reardon MJ, Lee-JacksonD, Winters WL, Sivasubramanian N, Mann Dl, Zoghbi WA. Circulation. 2002 Apr 2; 105(13):1537-40.
- “The role of cytokine in disease progression in heart failure”. Shan K, Kurrelmeyer K, Seta Y, Wang F, Dibbs Z, Deswal A, Lee Jackson D, Mann DL. Curr Opin Cardiol. 1997 May;12(3):218-23.
- “Tumor necrosis factor-alpha and the failing human heart”. Oral H, Kapadia S, Nakano M, Torre-Amione G, Lee-Jackson D, Young JB, Mann, DL. Clin Cardiol. 1995 Sep; 18(9 Suppl 4): IV20-7.
- “Artifacutal Frame-Shift p53 Mutation at Codon 249 Detected with the Cyclist™ DNA Sequencing Method”. Dorellyn Lee-Jackson, James L. Abbruzzese, and Menashe Bar-Eli. BioTechniques Vol. 15, No. 3: pp 363-364 (Sep 1993).
- “Synergistic Cytotoxicity Using 2'-Deoxy-5-azacytidine and Cisplatin or 4-Hydroperoxycyclophosphamide with Human Tumor Cells”. Philip Frost, James L. Abbruzzese, Barbara Hunt, Dorellyn Lee, and Martha Ellis. Cancer Res 1990 50: 4572-4577
Institutional Committees and Certifications:
- VA IACUC (Voting Member), September 1995 - August 2001
- Baylor IACUC (Voting Member), August 2001 - August 2002
- MEDVAMC Safety Officer (Chair), September 1998 - 2001