We welcome applications from all qualified individuals irrespective of sex, racial or ethnic background, religious affiliation, or marital status. We currently accept applications from U.S. citizens, green card holders, and non-immigrant visa holders (J-1 only).
The Critical Care Medicine Fellowship program accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service, or ERAS, which is sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
The Critical Care Medicine Fellowship program does not participate in the National Residency Matching Program.
Below are some general requirements to apply for the Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Green Card Holder, or J-1 visa holder.
- Disclosure if in seventh year of J-1 visa training.
- Must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency program under Internal Medicine.
- For the one-year track, candidates also must have completed a subspecialty fellowship under Internal Medicine.
For the Critical Care Medicine Fellowship, we exclusively use ERAS. Applications are accepted through ERAS beginning in July each year.
To submit applications through ERAS, applicants must contact the ERAS Fellowship Documents Office and request an electronic token, which is then used for access to the ERAS application site. The following materials must be submitted through ERAS:
- ERAS application*
- Curriculum vitae (ERAS format is acceptable)*
- Personal statement*
- Three letters of recommendation*
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE results*
- Your email address
- A copy of your ECFMG certificate and visa, if applicable
Upon review of these materials, applicants with competitive credentials are invited for interviews at the program. You will receive an email/letter/phone call informing you if an interview has been granted. Interviews are conducted from September-November. A typical interview day will begin at 8 a.m. and end around 3:30 p.m. Activities for the day will include a program overview, faculty interviews and a lunch and hospitals tour with our current fellows.
For any further questions, you can contact:
Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
Phone: (713) 798-6907
Fax: (713) 798-0223