Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
The Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is nationally recognized for its excellence in healthcare, research and education.
The section has total research support of $4.8 million from federal and private research grants including lung cancer, asthma, COPD, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, transitional medicine, lung transplant, and cystic fibrosis.
Many physicians from the section are national and international experts. Together, they offer an incredibly large array of services, from general pulmonary and sleep medicine to highly specialized advanced lung diseases, such as including pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, adult cystic fibrosis, COPD/asthma, interstitial lung disease, lung and heart-lung transplantation, critical care, and interventional pulmonology.
The section offers four fellowship programs, including Pulmonary & Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine, Lung Transplantation, and Sleep Medicine. Many alumni and former fellows can be found in academic, research and healthcare leadership roles.
- Sports medicine experts applaud new spine injury guidelinesJul 27, 2015
- The National Athletic Trainers’ Association recently released new guidelines for treating athletes with potential spinal cord injuries on the field, a decision applauded by a sports medicine expert at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Dr. Kent Osborne honored for medical professionalismJul 24, 2015
- Dr. Kent Osborne has been named the recipient of the 2015 Ben and Margaret Love Foundation Bobby Alford Award for Academic Clinical Professionalism.
- Breast Center to host Metastatic Breast Cancer ConferenceJul 23, 2015
- Baylor College of Medicine's Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center to jointly sponsor a medical education conference on metastatic breast cancer Sept. 18-19.
- Sickle cell patients in Angola to receive important treatment through partnership programJul 23, 2015
- Sickle cell disease patients who receive care through the public health service in Cabinda, Angola, Africa, will now have access to an important treatment for the disease.
- Dr. Eric Rohren named chair of radiology at Baylor College of Medicine Jul 23, 2015
- Dr. Eric Rohren, a national leader in radiology and nuclear medicine, has been named chair of radiology at Baylor College of Medicine. His appointment is effective Oct. 1.