The Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is nationally recognized for its excellence in healthcare, research and education.
The section has total research support of $4.8 million from federal and private research grants including lung cancer, asthma, COPD, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, transitional medicine, lung transplant, and cystic fibrosis.
Many physicians from the section are national and international experts. Together, they offer an incredibly large array of services, from general pulmonary and sleep medicine to highly specialized advanced lung diseases, such as including pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, adult cystic fibrosis, COPD/asthma, interstitial lung disease, lung and heart-lung transplantation, critical care, and interventional pulmonology.
The section offers four fellowship programs, including Pulmonary & Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine, Lung Transplantation, and Sleep Medicine. Many alumni and former fellows can be found in academic, research and healthcare leadership roles.
- Men who improve sleep quality may decrease their chances of developing urinary tract issuesOct 4, 2016
- Researchers at Baylor College of Medicine have determined a link between sleep quality and lower urinary tract symptoms in men.
- Baylor researchers contribute to project to develop guidelines for large sequence-based complex trait association studiesSep 22, 2016
- Findings from the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute Exome Sequencing Project (ESP) could contribute to the advancement of precision medicine and the implications for the future of whole exome data analysis.
- Study of potential new treatment for mesothelioma open to patientsSep 15, 2016
- The Baylor College of Medicine Mesothelioma Treatment Center has begun enrolling patients in a clinical research study looking at an investigational drug in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma Treatment Center at Baylor St. Luke’s launches clinical trial for cancer patientsSep 6, 2016
- A new clinical trial that combines immunotherapy and surgery for the treatment of mesothelioma has begun at the Baylor College of Medicine Mesothelioma Treatment Center.
- Expert says sleep is essential on road trips Jul 27, 2016
- Dr. Philip Alapat explains the importance of getting enough sleep to ensure safe and fun road trips.