The Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is nationally recognized for its excellence in healthcare, research and education.
The section has total research support of $4.8 million from federal and private research grants including lung cancer, asthma, COPD, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, transitional medicine, lung transplant, and cystic fibrosis.
Many physicians from the section are national and international experts. Together, they offer an incredibly large array of services, from general pulmonary and sleep medicine to highly specialized advanced lung diseases, such as including pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, adult cystic fibrosis, COPD/asthma, interstitial lung disease, lung and heart-lung transplantation, critical care, and interventional pulmonology.
The section offers four fellowship programs, including Pulmonary & Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine, Lung Transplantation, and Sleep Medicine. Many alumni and former fellows can be found in academic, research and healthcare leadership roles.
- Recipients of 2016 DeBakey Research Award represent Baylor College of Medicine’s scientific excellenceMay 3, 2016
- Five Baylor faculty members have received the Michael E. DeBakey Excellence in Research Award .
- Volunteers needed for e-cigarette and cigarette smokers’ research studyMay 3, 2016
- Baylor is recruiting volunteers for a pilot study to determine the effects of smoking either electronic cigarettes or tobacco on the bacteria found within the human body.
- Herbal remedies are an overlooked global health hazardMay 2, 2016
- Baylor College of Medicine is raising awareness that long-term use of herbal remedies is no guarantee of their safety.
- Experts discuss expansion of buprenorphine as opiate addiction treatment agentMay 2, 2016
- Experts at Baylor College of Medicine highlight the need to expand the use of buprenorphine as a treatment agent for opiate addiction
- New McNair Scholar at Baylor College of Medicine to study biophysics of cognitionApr 29, 2016
- Dr. Nuo Li is the newest McNair Scholar at Baylor College of Medicine.