The Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is nationally recognized for its excellence in healthcare, research and education.
The section has total research support of $4.8 million from federal and private research grants including lung cancer, asthma, COPD, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, transitional medicine, lung transplant, and cystic fibrosis.
Many physicians from the section are national and international experts. Together, they offer an incredibly large array of services, from general pulmonary and sleep medicine to highly specialized advanced lung diseases, such as including pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, adult cystic fibrosis, COPD/asthma, interstitial lung disease, lung and heart-lung transplantation, critical care, and interventional pulmonology.
The section offers four fellowship programs, including Pulmonary & Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine, Lung Transplantation, and Sleep Medicine. Many alumni and former fellows can be found in academic, research and healthcare leadership roles.
- New McNair Scholar at Baylor College of Medicine to study biophysics of cognitionYesterday
- Dr. Nuo Li is the newest McNair Scholar at Baylor College of Medicine.
- International research collaborative discovers genes linked to twinning and reproductive fitnessApr 28, 2016
- An international collaborative team of researchers reports finding two genes that are associated with increased odds for women bearing fraternal twins.
- Proper foot hygiene key for ‘Happy Feet’ this summerApr 28, 2016
- Dr. Ronald Lepow, podiatrist and assistant professor of orthopedic surgery at Baylor, offers tips for summertime foot care.
- Don’t let sleep apnea take your breath away Apr 26, 2016
- A Baylor sleep expert explains the symptoms, risk factors and treatment of sleep apnea.
- Avon Foundation grant to improve screening, treatment for economically disadvantaged patientsApr 26, 2016
- Baylor received a $100,000 grant from the Avon Foundation for Women to increase access to state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatment for women in Houston.