Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
The Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is nationally recognized for its excellence in healthcare, research and education.
The section has total research support of $4.8 million from federal and private research grants including lung cancer, asthma, COPD, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, transitional medicine, lung transplant, and cystic fibrosis.
Many physicians from the section are national and international experts. Together, they offer an incredibly large array of services, from general pulmonary and sleep medicine to highly specialized advanced lung diseases, such as including pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, adult cystic fibrosis, COPD/asthma, interstitial lung disease, lung and heart-lung transplantation, critical care, and interventional pulmonology.
The section offers four fellowship programs, including Pulmonary & Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine, Lung Transplantation, and Sleep Medicine. Many alumni and former fellows can be found in academic, research and healthcare leadership roles.
- Study provides consensus on association between allergies and glioma risk Yesterday
- Researchers found an inverse association between allergies, asthma and eczema and a brain cancer called glioma, meaning that people who have the allergic conditions may be less likely to develop the brain cancer.
- Eric Mullins appointed to Baylor College of Medicine Board of TrusteesFeb 4, 2016
- The Baylor College of Medicine Board of Trustees has appointed Eric Mullins as its newest member of the board. Also, several significant faculty appointments were made.
- Blood sucking fated in bed bug’s genomeFeb 2, 2016
- International consortium sequence the genome of the common bed bug, findings could lead to pesticide resistance.
- Zoghbi to receive the prestigious Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko MedalFeb 1, 2016
- The National Academy of Science announced Dr. Huda Zoghbi will be the recipient of this year’s prestigious Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal.
- What heart health really meansFeb 1, 2016
- What do terms like cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL, LDL, systolic and diastolic mean? Find out how they represent your heart health.