The Health Services Research Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Houston, Texas offers physicians completing residency training as well as doctorally prepared trainees the foundational scientific and career development training necessary for a successful academic career in Health Services Research. This is accomplished immersing fellows in a milieu in which scientists with a broad variety of interests and backgrounds come together to share ideas and provide one-on-one mentoring of junior scientists. At the core of the fellowship program is an individualized, structured career development program.
As part of your fellowship, you will participate in a comprehensive curriculum designed specifically to meet your methodological and career development needs. The fellowship is actively recruiting for the next cohort.
Applications are also being accepted for rolling admission. Post-doctoral Ph.D.s, doctorally-trained clinicians such as nurses, psychologists, pharmacists and social workers, as well as physicians completing their residency training are encouraged to apply.
The fellowship offers many benefits including:
- Two years of individualized HSR training and experience
- Fellows guided by primary mentors along with other faculty
- For clinical fellows, 75 percent protected effort for research and education, 25 percent· For non-clinical fellows, 100 percent protected effort for research and education for clinical care
- For non-clinical fellows, 100 percent protected effort for research and education
- Participation in new or ongoing team projects
- Opportunities for research collaborations with other educational institutions
Contact the education coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on how to apply.