20th Annual GI and Liver Course - March 2021
The 20th Annual GI and Liver Course will be held in a virtual format, for those wishing to learn more about the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal and liver diseases and conditions, including emerging medical therapies.
This course serves as an update for physicians and other healthcare providers in the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal and liver diseases. The goal of this activity is to review current as well as emerging medical therapies and outline the most effective ways to integrate this information into clinical practice.
Gastroenterologists, hepatologists, internists, primary care physicians, nurses, physician assistants, medical trainees and students.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the different types of esophageal diverticulums and how to treat them.
- Discuss the long term side effects of proton pump inhibitors and how to counsel patients on limiting the side effects and adverse events.
- Describe the indications and long term efficacy of endoscopic and surgical fundoplication in patients with GERD.
- Discuss how to prevent strictures and perforation when managing patients with eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Identify the surveillance for patients with gastric intestinal metaplasia and different management methods.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
This activity is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
ABIM MOC Points
Opportunity to earn ABIM MOC Points.
Texas Children's Hospital is an approved provider with a commendation of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association - Approver, an accredited approver with distinction, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity has been reviewed by the AAPA Review Panel and is compliant with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 11.75 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
This activity was planned in accordance with AAPA CME Standards for Live Programs and for Commercial Support of Live Programs.