One or two positions are available each year. Applications are accepted July to November; applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Interested candidates should provide a CV and three references. Selected applicants will be scheduled for interviews with at least two of the four faculty members.
Candidates are required to have the following:
- Completed postgraduate training in internal medicine
- Internal medicine board eligibility or board certification
- Outstanding personal references from previous training program(s)
- Commitment to undertaking meaningful research during training
- Desire to continue in the field of cardiovascular disease prevention
- Eligibility for medical training in Texas
Research experience is preferred.
Eligibility for NIH training grant position (US citizen or resident) is preferred, but outstanding foreign applicants with H1 or J1 visa will also be considered.