Fidaa Shaib, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza - BCM285
Houston, TX 77030
- M.D., American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
- Residency, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care, University of Texas, Houston, TX
Clinical and Research Interests
- Sleep disordered breathing and cardiovascular diseases
- Sleep disorders in pregnancy
- Chronic respiratory failure and chronic mechanical ventilation
Awards and Honors
- Eli Lilly Award for the outstanding fellow in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at The University of Texas, Houston, TX
- Mourad F, Khoury M, Shaib FH, Nassar C. Protective effect of nitric oxide donor moisidomine on indomethacin and aspirin induced gastric injury in rats. European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Jan 2000;12(1)81-4.
- Aliberti S, Amir A, Peyrani P, Mirsaeidi M, Allen M, Moffett B, Myers J, Shaib F, Cirino M, Bordon J, Blasi F, Ramirez J. Incidence, Etiology, Timing and Risk Factors for Clinical Failure in Hospitalized Patients with Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Chest. 2008;134(5):955-62.
- Lohse A, Scarfe W, Shaib F, Farman A. Obstructive sleep-apnea-hyoponea syndrome: Clinical applications of cone beam CT. Australasian Dental Practice 2009;20:104-114.
- Mehta JP, Shaib FH. Spurious hypoxemia. J Ky Med Assoc. 2009 Dec; 107(12):483-4.
- Hamzeh I, Rashid A, Shaib F, Dawn B. Pulmonary vein stenosis due to a compressive malignant tumor detected by transesophageal echocardiography. Circulation 2011; 123:349-50.